This handy home sewing machine is now out of production, but don’t cross it off your shopping list just yet. You can find them new at some commercial outlets and used at online markets. In this Singer 2263 review, you’ll soon see whether this is a machine you should hunt down and buy.
This sewing machine has 97 stitch applications, so it can easily handle most sewing projects whether you want to mend, create, or embellish. There’s a free arm and a buttonhole attachment. If you want a workhorse of a machine to help you dress your family and beautify your home, the Simple 2263 can be a great choice.
The SINGER Sewing Assistant App and the Online Owner’s Class video will help you learn about your new machine and all the tricks it can do.
The Simple 2263 is easy enough for a beginner’s journey toward sewing achievement. Not only is it a good machine for those who’ve never sewed before, but it’s also ideal for the average home sewer. The more advanced sewer may want a speedier machine with all kinds of extra capabilities. Still, SINGER 2263 will be a perfect fit for most of us.
So, if you’re ready, here’s an in-depth look at the SINGER Simple 2263. I’ve made the rounds of sewing pros, dealers, and users of this machine. Here is our no-holds-barred look at this machine.
Our Rating = 4.8 / 5
For home sewing, the SINGER 2263 earns a solid 4.8 out of a possible 5
In this article:
Who is this machine for?
Whether you’ve been sewing for a year, a decade, or more, the Simple 2263 can provide a good platform for nearly every sewing need for years to come.
An honest review of the SINGER 2263 Sewing
Here are the features I considered when rating this sewing machine.
Here’s what makes it so good:
- SINGER’s 2663 features 23 built-in stitches and 97 different stitch applications for basic, stretch, and decorative work.
- Snap-on presser feet
- Extra-high presser foot lifter for thick or multilayer fabrics
- 4-step buttonhole attachment to make embellishing or fastening buttons easy and looking professional.
- Built-in needle threader to eliminate one of the most challenging sewing chores.
- Free Arm for hard-to-seam cuffs, sleeves, and hems.
- Removable storage unit in the removable free arm section
- Adjustable stitch length and width for custom and decorative stitches.
- Easy stitch selection dial
- Reverse stitch lever
- Variable needle positions
- Darning plate that lets you, not the feed dogs, control the fabric with your needle for free-motion work.
- Front-loading bobbin assembly
- Uses SINGER Class 15 transparent bobbins.
- Heavy-duty metal frame for longer machine life
- LED lighting for easy-to-see stitching
- Machine weight 12.8 lbs.
- Machine Size 15 x 7 x 12 inches
- Online Owner’s Class direct from SINGER via your YouTube account.
- SINGER Sewing Assistant App shows you how to set up your machine, thread your bobbin and your needle, and create stitches and decorative techniques.
- Warranty (90 day / 2yr / 24yr)
But watch out for:
- This SINGER sewing machine is now out of production. This doesn’t mean it isn’t a good choice. There are still new machines for sale and used machines you can find locally or through the internet.
- Some home sewists are nervous about using a front-loading bobbin. No need to fear; the process is far simpler than you imagine.
What others are saying
From the manufacturer:
“This electronic sewing machine isn’t just a robust solution for all types of projects, but it is also lightweight, making it a portable solution that you can take with you from location to location.” The SINGER Sewing Company
What the pros say:
“Ideal for everyday sewing projects (including quilting), this machine offers everything you could need to bring your sewing ideas to life.” Quilters Review
“Owners feel it is great for basic clothing adjustments/mending and home projects, and it is a popular machine with beginners.” Sewing-Machine-Ratings.com
“If you’re considering buying a sewing machine for a novice user, you can purchase a high-quality Singer Simple sewing machine to help them get started on the path.” SewingMachineExpress.com
|Source||Av. Score||Last checked||No. Ratings|
|Amazon||4.6 out of 5||3 Apr 2021||176|
|Joann||5.0 out of 5||3 Apr 2021||4|
|eBay||4.7 out of 5||3 Apr 2021||85|
What to expect when you buy
The following accessories are included with the Simple 2263:
- General-purpose foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Button sewing foot
- Seam ripper/lint brush
- Pack of needles
- Bobbins (Class 15 transparent)
- Thread spool cap
- Darning plate
Alternatives to the SINGER Simple 2263
SINGER Simple 2263 is a machine for basic home sewing. It can last for decades while giving the home sewist hours of sewing production without high-end fussiness. Here are a few other models that closely match the capabilities of the 2263.
21 built-in stitches with stitch guide, fully automatic needle, adjustable stitch length, fully automatic 1-step buttonhole
110 stitch applications in a machine that’s perfect for beginners and for carrying from class to sewing club meetings.
This heavy-duty machine has 23 built-in stitches, including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches at a speed of up to 1,100 stitches per minute.
In a nutshell
The SINGER Simple 2263 is a good choice for home sewers who want a simple, easy-to-use machine for everyday projects. The 2263 is lightweight, making it a good bet for taking on vacation, to a neighbor’s home, or for a class.