The CS6000i is made for not only sewing but is specially designed for quilt top piecing. Suppose you’re an intermediate or experienced sewist and want to take on more quilting projects. In that case, this is a great machine to consider if you’re going to move up in class.
The CS in this Brother sewing machine’s name stands for computerized sewing, so you know what to expect. No mechanical dials need to be turned; just point and push on the front of the machine’s LCD screen to select your stitch.
Brother provides 60 built-in stitches, 7 buttonhole styles, and a detachable oversize table to hold those more extensive projects in place. The adjustable speed feature allows sewers to have fine control when piecing small or odd-size fabric cuttings into a quilt top. The CS6000i is an excellent machine for everyday home sewing chores and projects.
Based on my three decades of sewing experience and input from professional and home sewers, retailers, and instructors, we’ve come up with an honest and realistic review of the Brother CS6000i.
Our Rating = 4.8/ 5
For home sewing, the Brother CS6000i earns 4.8 out of a possible 5.0
In this article:
Is the Brother CS6000i right for you?
The CS6000i is a good choice for intermediate-level home sewers who want to expand their quilt top piecing skills.
The Brother CS6000i reviewed: features and flaws
Here are the features I considered when rating this sewing machine.
What to love:
- The machine comes with 60 built-in stitches. These include a variety that will likely meet any home sewer’s needs for most home sewing and basic quilting.
- High-speed sewing up to 850 stitches per minute lets you zip right through straight seams yet still maintain the control you need.
- Stitch appearances can be selected up to 7 mm in width and up to 5 mm in length.
- For perfect and professional-looking buttonholes every time, the CS6000i features 7 one-step buttonholes.
- The CS6000i has a free-arm feature with a compartment for storing accessories
- The automatic needle threading and drop-in bobbin feature make gearing up to sew quick and easy.
- Adjustable stitch length and width matches every stitch selection and gives a variety of design.
- The needle up/needle down feature makes ending the stitching or turning corners easy and accurate each time.
- Nine snap-on presser feet let you control sewing operations like you had an ever-present assistant to make life easier.
- The CS6000i’s dimensions are 16 x 6.7 x 11.4 inches, and it weighs 13 pounds.
- 25 years limited parts, 1-year labor warranty
But watch out for:
- While the CS6000i is fine for quilt top piecing, it is not meant to do the actual quilting operations, sewing through all the quilt’s layers. You will need to quilt by hand or send your creation to a quilting service.
- This sewing machine includes no built-in quilting stitches.
What others are saying about the Brother CS6000i
From the manufacturer:
“User-friendly and portable, the CS6000i offers a wide range of sewing and quilting features, all at a price that’s easy on your budget.” Brother USA
What the pros say:
“The Brother CS6000i sewing machine comes with a host of stitches, is very easy to use, and is reasonably priced. “The Singer CS6000i may not be the most elegant or sleek machine out there, but it gets the job done.” Sewing Summit
“The Brother CS6000i computerized sewing and quilting machine is one of the least expensive, feature-packed sewing machines on the market.” QuiltersReview.com
“This little beauty is one of the best machines to help you find your footing when you’re just stepping into the sewing world, but will also support you and help you to grow as you get more experienced as a sewer.” SewingFromHome.com
|Source||Av. Score||Last checked||No. Ratings|
|Amazon||4.7 out of 5||26 March 2021||16,372|
|JOANN Stores||4.5 out of 5||26 March 2021||638|
|eBay||4.8 out of 5||26 March 2021||489|
What to expect when you buy
The following are included with the CS6000i:
- Nine presser feet including buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, zipper, zigzag, blindstitch, button fitting, walking, and spring-action quilting foot
- Seam ripper
- Quilting table
- Extra presser feet
- Oil and brush
- Carrying case/cover
- Owner’s manual
Alternatives to the Brother CS6000i
I compared the CS6000i with other sewing machine manufacturers and have found these following machines to be comparable.
Brother HC1850 Sewing Machine
For the next step up in sewing/quilting Brother sewing machines, the HC1850 has 185 stitches and a full range of valuable features.
In a nutshell
The Brother CS6000i sewing machine is a good option for many home sewers. It is an excellent choice for those who want to begin learning quilt-top piecing. It not only makes the grade here but will handle any other everyday home sewing chores.